Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
SUNY Upstate’s respiratory therapy program is third in national survey
SUNY Upstate Medical University’s respiratory therapy program is one of the top programs of its kind in the country, according to a national survey of respiratory care program directors.
SUNY Upstate’s respiratory care program, offered by the College of Health Professions, ranked third in a poll of the best bachelor’s degree respiratory therapy programs in the country, behind Georgia State University and the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
The survey asked directors at the 54 institutions whose programs are recognized by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care to rank the top five respiratory therapy programs in the country. Program directors were not allowed to select their own programs in the ranking.
SUNY Upstate’s College of Health Professions offers bachelor’s degrees in respiratory care and cardiorespiratory sciences. Program graduates are qualified to work as respiratory therapists in a variety of health care settings.
Rounding out the top five programs were the Medical College of Georgia and Northeastern University.
The survey was published in the September 2003 issue of the American Association of Respiratory Care’s Education Bulletin.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard