Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
SUNY Upstate’s respiratory therapy program is third in national survey
SUNY Upstate Medical University’s respiratory therapy program is one of the top programs of its kind in the country, according to a national survey of respiratory care program directors.
SUNY Upstate’s respiratory care program, offered by the College of Health Professions, ranked third in a poll of the best bachelor’s degree respiratory therapy programs in the country, behind Georgia State University and the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
The survey asked directors at the 54 institutions whose programs are recognized by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care to rank the top five respiratory therapy programs in the country. Program directors were not allowed to select their own programs in the ranking.
SUNY Upstate’s College of Health Professions offers bachelor’s degrees in respiratory care and cardiorespiratory sciences. Program graduates are qualified to work as respiratory therapists in a variety of health care settings.
Rounding out the top five programs were the Medical College of Georgia and Northeastern University.
The survey was published in the September 2003 issue of the American Association of Respiratory Care’s Education Bulletin.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal