Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Student receives American Respiratory Care Foundation award
Clement Yan, a senior in the Respiratory Care Program in the College of Health Professions at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been named recipient of the Jimmy Young Memorial Education Recognition Award of the American Respiratory Care Foundation (ARCF).
Yan was selected for his original paper that explored the relationship between brain function and respiratory function following head injury and for his academic achievement. The award carries a $1,000 cash award plus all expenses to the AARC International Respiratory Congress to be held Dec. 8 to 11 in Las Vegas.
The ARCF educates the public about respiratory health and assists in the training and continuing education of health care providers.
Yan resides in Syracuse’s east side. He is the son of Lam Sai Mooi of Malaysia.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard