Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
SUNY Upstate recognized for fundraising efforts
SUNY Upstate Medical University has been recognized for its fundraising efforts by the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), the professional organization for advancement professionals in the educational field.
SUNY Upstate was one of 40 colleges out of 287 to receive the CASE/Wealth ID Award for Educational Fund Riasing. The award recognizes overall performance and improvement in fundraising.
From 1995 to 2002, SUNY Upstate increased its fund assest growth by 54 percent to $23.6 million, with annual contributions up in the same period by 54 percent to $4.3 million.
“The success of our fundraising efforts, which is recognized by this award from CASE, is inexplicably linked to the growth and excellence of the teaching, research and patient care missions at Upstate Medical University,”said Eileen Pezzi, SUNY Upstate vice president of development. “Corporations, foundations and individuals all across the state have been very supportive of our efforts and for that we are grateful.”
Other schools receiving the CASE/Wealth ID Award include Princeton University, Pennsylvania State University and University of North Carolina, among others.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal