Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Sherard A. Tatum, M.D., receives award from American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Sherard A. Tatum, M.D., a professor in the Department of Otolaryngology & Communication Sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has received the 2003 Community Service Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery’s (AAFPRS) Educational and Research Foundation.
The award honors Tatum for providing or making possible free medical service to the less fortunate overseas. Over the years, Tatum has performed cleft and cranial facial surgery on children in numerous countries, including Russian, China, Croatia and Vietnam. During his visits abroad, Tatum also teaches physicians about cleft and cranial facial srugery.
A resident of Cazenovia, Tatum is a member of the AAFPRS’s Face To Face Foundation, in which AAFPRS surgeons provide complimentary care to those who suffer from facial deformities caused at birth, or by domestic violence and war. AAFPRS surgeons use their expertise to perform plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face, head, and neck.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal