Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
CNY Children’s Hospital plans presented at the New York State Fair
Central New Yorkers will be able to get their first glimpse of what the proposed Central New York Children’s Hospital will look like when they visit the SUNY Upstate Medical University exhibit at the New York State Fair Aug. 21 through Sept. 1.
“The State Fair exhibit will provide the public with the most detailed view to date of our children’s hospital plans,” said Thomas Welch., M.D., professor and chair of the Department of Pediatrics.
The exhibit, located in the Hall of Health in the Science and Industry Building, will feature large-scale architectural renderings of the Children’s Hospital, which will occupy the top two floors of a six-story addition planned for University Hospital’s East Wing.
The 87,000 square foot, $34 million project will feature private patient rooms and baths, an expanded play room and a family resource center. The Children’s Hospital will have its own entrance so parents and children will only encounter child-oriented medical spaces during their visit.
Opening of the Central New York’s Children’s Hospital is slated for December 2007.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal