Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate nutrition professionals awarded certification
Four nutrition professionals at SUNY Upstate Medical University were awarded certification from the National Board of Nutrition Support Certification Inc. (NBNSC) after passing a comprehensive written examination.
Certifications were awarded to Konstanin Millerman, M.D., of Syracuse; Joyce Mackessy, of DeWitt; Tara Kerestes, of Liverpool; and Terry Podolak, of Auburn.
Upon passing the physician’s exam on nutrition support, Millerman is now credentialed as a Certified Nutrition Support Physician, CNSP. He is among fewer than 300 medical doctors nationally with this credential. Registered dietitians Joyce Mackessy and Terry Podolak were previously certified and completed the examination to maintain their certification.
NBNSC is the accrediting organization for the American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN).
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard