Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
N. Barry Berg, Ph.D., of SUNY Upstate Medical University appointed to United States Medical Licensing Examination committee
N. Barry Berg, Ph.D., has been appointed to the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) committee. The appointment was made by the Federation of State Medical Boards of the United States and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).
Berg will serve as a member of the NBME Gross Anatomy and Embryology Test Committee that develops the gross anatomy and embryology subject tests. Subject tests are developed by the NBME in the basic and clinical medical sciences for schools and other institutions with an interest in the education of physicians or other health professionals for the purpose of assessing educational achievement.
USMLE, a joint program of the NBME and the Federation of State Medical Boards, provides a common evaluation system for measuring the knowledge and cognitive competence within a clinical context of applicants for medical licensure in the United States. Results of USMLE are reported to state medical licensing authorities for use in granting the initial license to practice medicine.
Berg is an adjunct professor and assistant dean for curriculum at SUNY Upstate. He is a resident of DeWitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard