Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Roy Guharoy, Pharm.D., elected a Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Roy Guharoy, Pharm.D., director of Pharmacy Services and associate chief of the section of clinical pharmacology in the Department of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been elected a Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP). He was officially inducted in October during ACCP’s 2002 annual meeting in Albuquerque.
Fellowship in the ACCP recognizes the highest levels of excellence in the practice and science of clinical pharmacy.
Guharoy, of Syracuse’s east side, joined SUNY Upstate in April 1998 as director of pharmacy and associate professor of medicine and nursing. He is an expert in the areas of pharmacy management and infectious disease pharmacotherapy and management. He has published and presented more than 100 scientific articles in medical journals and at national meetings.
Guharoy is a Fellow of both the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American College of Clinical Pharmacology and is the recipient of the Lederle Research Award of the New York State Council of Hospital Pharmacists.
He received the 2000 Pfizer New York State Health-System Pharmacist of the Year award and was included in both the 2001 and 2002 editions of Marquis’s Who’s Who in America, a leading biographical resource book.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal