Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Symposium on carbon monoxide poisoning Nov. 1
An intense review of carbon monoxide intoxication and the use of carbon monoxide detectors is the focus of a SUNY Upstate Medical University symposium for the medical community Friday, Nov. 1 from 1 to 4 p.m. in 6500 University Hospital, 750 East Adams St., Syracuse.
The “Symposium on Carbon Monoxide Intoxication: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Dilemmas” is presented in collaboration with visiting faculty from Ospedale di Fidenza, Parma, Italy.
Presentations will focus on the recognition, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and special care for populations at risk for carbon monoxide intoxication. Sessions will cover the development and activities of the hyperbaric center at University Hospital; therapy and hyperbaric treatment in the pregnant patient; carbon monoxide and the emergency department; public education for the prevention of carbon monoxide poisoning; myocardial damage and acute carbon monoxide intoxication; and hyperbaric treatment of carbon monoxide.
The symposium is presented by the Departments of Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, the Hyperbaric Treatment Center, the Office of Continuing Medical Education, and University Hospital of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Continuing medical education credits are avialable.
For more information about the symposium, call 315-464-4879.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard