Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
L. Thomas Wolff, M.D., elected president of the American Board of Family Practice
L. Thomas Wolff, M.D., a Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University and a nationally recognized family medicine educator, has been elected president of the American Board of Family Practice (ABFP). ABFP is the national organization that certifies the nation’s family physicians and currently has over 65,000 physician diplomates.
Wolff also serves on the American Board of Medical Specialties, the umbrella organization for the certifying boards for all medical specialties and is past president of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine.
Wolff is director of SUNY Upstate’s Rural Medical Education Program; a co investigator on the nationally recognized IDEAtel Project, a home interactive telemedicine program for diabetics; and co-founder and associate director of the New York State Area Health Education Center Network.
Wolff resides in Liverpool.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard