Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Children’s Miracle Open Golf Tournament raises more than $61,000
More than 240 golfers participated in the 15th annual Children’s Miracle (CMN) Open Golf Tournament, raising more than $61,000 for pediatric services at University and Crouse hospitals. The event, held Aug. 9 at Foxfire at Village Green in Baldwinsville, was co-chaired by Richard Groth and JoAnn Shupe of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
The CMN Open is presented annually by Upstate Medical University Foundation, University Hospital and WIXT News Channel 9.
Title sponsors for this year’s event were WSYR Radio, Solvay Bank and Kinney Drugs. Other major sponsors included Nursefinder, HealthNow, MedBest Medical Management and Carrier.
The Children’s Miracle Network is part of a national effort to raise funds for hospitalized children. It is presented locally by Upstate Medical University Foundation and WIXT News Channel 9. All money raised locally through the broadcast and other Children’s Miracle Network fundraising events remains in Central New York to benefit the children who receive care at University and Crouse hospitals.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal