Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
SUNY Upstate students arrive on campus August 21
SUNY Upstate Medical University students will arrive on campus Wednesday, Aug. 21 for orientation programs, and other activities including the prestigious “white coat” ceremony for first-year medical students. About 1,100 students are enrolled in SUNY Upstate’s colleges of Graduate Studies, Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing. Classes begin Monday, Aug. 26
SUNY Upstate President Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., will officially welcome parents and families of entering students during a ceremony Wednesday at 1 p.m. in the athletic atrium of the Institute of Human Performance, 505 Irving Ave.
About 150 first-year students in the College of Medicine will receive their coveted white coats during the white coat ceremony Wednesday, beginning at 4:30 p.m. in the athletic atrium of the Institute for Human Performance. The white coat ceremony marks the beginning of one’s journey into the medical profession. The white coats are provided each year by The Parents and Family Association of the Medical Alumni Foundation at Upstate Medical University.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal