News from Upstate
Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Quilts for kidney donors and recipients
Frank Froschauer and Lyn Livermore present quilts to kidney donor Jim Miller and kidney recipient Lisa Stankus at Upstate University Hospital Nov. 18. Livermore’s quilting guild is creating quilts for kidney donor/recipient pairs to raise awareness for the need for more living donors. Livermore also created the quilts as a tribute to her friend Mary Ellen Froschauer, who died of a heart condition in 2008. Livermore donated one of her kidneys to Mary Ellen Froschauer in 2002.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal