Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Gregory L. Eastwood, MD, is elected vice president of national nursing research panel
SUNY Upstate Medical University President Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., has been elected vice president of the Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research (FNINR). The panel seeks to support research-based nursing practice by educating nursing professionals and the public about advances made through nursing research and its benefits to patients, families, communities and health care.
Eastwood was elected at the FNINR’s board of director’s meeting, held June 21 in Washington, D.C.
In addition to seeking support for nursing research, FNINR’s mission is to help recognize talented nurse researchers, and build greater awareness of nursing research.
Eastwood serves in leadership roles on several medical panels, including as chair of the Association of Academic Health Center and of the Upstate New York Coalition for Biomedical Research (UNYCoR). He is past-president of the Associated Medical Schools of New York.
Eastwood resides in DeWitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard