Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Parents’ Committee of the Medical Alumni Association Awards Medical Students
SYRACUSE, NY The Parents’ Committee of the Medical Alumni Association of the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse has given a complimentary copy of the publication,Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine to each student from the Center’s College of Medicine Class of 2000. The gift presentation and reception coincided with the final day of the USMLE (National Boards) Step 1.
“The timing of this gift is symbolic,” says director of Medical Alumni Carole Novick. “It corresponds with the completion of the exam and beginning the clinical phase of the last two years of Medical School.”
The presentation was led by Alumni Association President-Elect, John McCabe, M.D. ‘79 and Gregory Eastwood M.D., president of the Health Science Center and dean of the Center’s College of Medicine.
The Parents’ Committee is a new effort of the Medical Alumni Association to support and enhance the educational experience of students in the College of Medicine. Parents contributed nearly $22,000 this year, more than double the previous year.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal