Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Parents’ Committee of the Medical Alumni Association Awards Medical Students
SYRACUSE, NY The Parents’ Committee of the Medical Alumni Association of the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse has given a complimentary copy of the publication,Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine to each student from the Center’s College of Medicine Class of 2000. The gift presentation and reception coincided with the final day of the USMLE (National Boards) Step 1.
“The timing of this gift is symbolic,” says director of Medical Alumni Carole Novick. “It corresponds with the completion of the exam and beginning the clinical phase of the last two years of Medical School.”
The presentation was led by Alumni Association President-Elect, John McCabe, M.D. ‘79 and Gregory Eastwood M.D., president of the Health Science Center and dean of the Center’s College of Medicine.
The Parents’ Committee is a new effort of the Medical Alumni Association to support and enhance the educational experience of students in the College of Medicine. Parents contributed nearly $22,000 this year, more than double the previous year.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard