Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Schurman named associate professor of pediatrics and vice chair for clinical affairs at SUNY Upstate Medical University
Scott Schurman, M.D., has been named associate professor of pediatrics, director for the divisions of Renal Diseases, GI Diseases, & Endocrine & Metabolic Diseases and vice chair for clinical affairs at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Schurman served as associate professor of pediatrics in the division of nephrology at University of South Florida College of Medicine since 1993.
Schurman is a member of numerous organizations and associations, including the American Society of Nephrology, the American Society of Pediatric Nephrology, the North American Pediatric Renal Transplant Cooperative Study and the Society for Pediatric Research.
Schurman earned his bachelor’s and medical degree from Ohio State University in 1983 and 1987, respectively. He completed a fellowship in pediatric nephrology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
Schurman resides in Manlius.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal