News from Upstate
Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Annual convocation brings honors to Upstate employees
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Upstate Medical University has honored twenty-one individuals, Key Bank and the Carol M. Baldwin family for distinguished service to the university. The recipient (place of residence in parenthesis) and their awards include:
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities: Andras Perl, M.D., Ph.D., (Jamesville).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching: Thomas L. Schwartz, M.D., (Onondaga).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service: Donna L. Vavonese, (Bridgeport).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Classified Service: Cheryl Allen (Camden); Angela Hill (Syracuse); Sharon Wiggins, R.N., (Liverpool).
• President’s Award for Excellence and Leadership in Research: David C. Amberg, Ph.D. (Tully); Wendy R. Kates, Ph.D. (Syracuse).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Basic Research by a Young Investigator: Jeffrey D. Amack Ph.D. (Manlius).
• President’s Award for Advancement of Affirmative Action: Rev. Terry Ruth Culbertson, M.D.I.V., B.C.C., C.T. (Syracuse).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service: Susan Shaw, M.S.N., P.N.P., A.N.P. (DeWitt).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service: Rich O’Neill, Ph.D. (Syracuse).
• President’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching: Burk Jubelt, M.D., (Fayetteville); Ira H. Ames, Ph.D. (Fayetteville); Janet Ambrogne Sobczak, Ph.D. (Camillus); Carol Recker-Hughes, P.T., Ph.D., (Fayetteville); Martin C. Masarech, M.D., (Greene).
• President’s Awards for Outstanding Voluntary Faculty: Therese Wiley Dancks, Esq. (Bridgeport); Deborah L. Dill, R.T.R.M. (Manlius); Aamir Rasheed, M.D. (Vestal).
• President’s Award for Distinguished Service: David H. Northrup (Fayetteville).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Philanthropic Service, Individual: The Carol M. Baldwin Family (Camillus).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Philanthropic Service, Corporate: Key Bank
The presentation of awards at Upstate’s Fall Faculty Convocation Sept. 14, is an annual event that marks the beginning of the fall semester.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal