News from Upstate
Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Annual convocation brings honors to Upstate employees
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Upstate Medical University has honored twenty-one individuals, Key Bank and the Carol M. Baldwin family for distinguished service to the university. The recipient (place of residence in parenthesis) and their awards include:
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities: Andras Perl, M.D., Ph.D., (Jamesville).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching: Thomas L. Schwartz, M.D., (Onondaga).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service: Donna L. Vavonese, (Bridgeport).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Classified Service: Cheryl Allen (Camden); Angela Hill (Syracuse); Sharon Wiggins, R.N., (Liverpool).
• President’s Award for Excellence and Leadership in Research: David C. Amberg, Ph.D. (Tully); Wendy R. Kates, Ph.D. (Syracuse).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Basic Research by a Young Investigator: Jeffrey D. Amack Ph.D. (Manlius).
• President’s Award for Advancement of Affirmative Action: Rev. Terry Ruth Culbertson, M.D.I.V., B.C.C., C.T. (Syracuse).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service: Susan Shaw, M.S.N., P.N.P., A.N.P. (DeWitt).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service: Rich O’Neill, Ph.D. (Syracuse).
• President’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching: Burk Jubelt, M.D., (Fayetteville); Ira H. Ames, Ph.D. (Fayetteville); Janet Ambrogne Sobczak, Ph.D. (Camillus); Carol Recker-Hughes, P.T., Ph.D., (Fayetteville); Martin C. Masarech, M.D., (Greene).
• President’s Awards for Outstanding Voluntary Faculty: Therese Wiley Dancks, Esq. (Bridgeport); Deborah L. Dill, R.T.R.M. (Manlius); Aamir Rasheed, M.D. (Vestal).
• President’s Award for Distinguished Service: David H. Northrup (Fayetteville).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Philanthropic Service, Individual: The Carol M. Baldwin Family (Camillus).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Philanthropic Service, Corporate: Key Bank
The presentation of awards at Upstate’s Fall Faculty Convocation Sept. 14, is an annual event that marks the beginning of the fall semester.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard