Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Deborah Baxter named institutional compliance officer for faculty practice plan at SUNY Upstate Medical University
Deborah L. Baxter has been named institutional compliance officer for the faculty practice plan for University Medical Associates at Syracuse Inc. The faculty practice plan comprises the practices of 18 clinical departments at the College of Medicine and includes about 380 clinical physician faculty.
In her new post, Baxter will identify faculty practice functions and business practices requiring compliance activities, particularly with regard to governmental and third party regulations.
Prior to joining SUNY Upstate, Baxter served since 1998 as privacy officer and director of health information management at Cayuga Medical Center in Ithaca. She also held positions in physician office coding and billing at Medical Business Management Inc. in Ithaca and medical records management at Reading (Pa.) Hospital and Medical Center.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in health information management from Ithaca College and is currently enrolled in the MBA program.
Baxter is a member of the American Health Information Management Association.
She resides in Liverpool.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard