Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Children’s Miracle Network Horse on Parade to be decorated with names of children
Illustrator Susan Keeter invites Central New Yorkers to participate in Syracuse’s upcoming Horses on Parade arts project. For a minimum donation of $10 to benefit the Central New York Children’s Miracle Network, Keeter will paint children’s names in clouds on “Miracle Champion.” ‘Miracle Champion,’ one of the more than 100 fiberglass horse statues to be featured in Parade of Horses, is sponsored by Hancock and Estabrook LLP Counselors at Law in honor of the CNY Children’s Miracle Network. To ensure privacy, only the child’s first name and first initial of the last name will be used.
The community-wide Horses on Parade arts project is sponsored by High Falls Brewing Company and Syracuse area businesses. The event involves corporate sponsorships of fiberglass horse statues, to be decorated by local artists. The statues will be displayed and auctioned off with proceeds to benefit the Central New York Children’s Miracle Network (CMN), the Museum of Science and Technology and the Syracuse Symphony Orchestra. Keeter’s project will raise additional funds for CMN.
The deadline to add a child’s name to ‘Miracle Champion’ is Friday, Feb. 15.
For more information, contact the Children’s Miracle Network at 464-4416.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Prostate Cancer Survivor to Men: â€˜Get Checked Out Promptly and Get Checked Out Often
Time Warner Cable News Central NY
- Your questions on skincare answered
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Upstate Medical nursing students get new home on campus
Syracuse Post Standard
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer