Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Oswego surgeon named to Upstate Medical University Council
Oswego surgeon James I. Boles has been appointed by New York Gov. George Pataki to the SUNY Upstate Medical University Council. Boles will serve until June 20, 2004. He succeeds Margo Northrup, who has resigned from the council.
The Upstate Medical University Council is an advisory board to SUNY Upstate Medical University President Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D.
Boles is a surgeon at Oswego Hospital and serves as president of the Oswego Hospital medical staff. He also serves as a clinical assistant professor of surgery at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
The Canadian-born Boles is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and the Royal College of Surgeons. He is also a diplomate of the American Board of Surgery.
Boles earned his medical degree in 1972 from the University of Manitoba, Canada. He completed an internship at the University of Southern California Medical Center and residencies at Orange County (Calif.) Medical Center and the Health Sciences Center at the University of Manitoba in Canada.
Boles resides in Oswego.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal