Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
SUNY Upstate President Gregory Eastwood, M.D., to chair Association of Academic Health Centers board
Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., president of SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been named chair of the board of directors of the Association of Academic Health Centers (AHC).
AHC is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health of the people by advancing the leadership of academic health centers in health professions education, biomedical and health services research, and health care delivery. AHC represents more than 100 institutions in the United States that are the health complexes of the nation’s major universities.
A gastroenterologist by training, Eastwood has held faculty appointments in medical education for more than three decades. Prior to being named president of SUNY Upstate in 1993, he served as dean of the School of Medicine of the Medical College of Georgia. He also has held faculty positions at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Harvard Medical School, Jefferson Medical College, Boston University School of Medicine and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Eastwood resides in Dewitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard