Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Harold Wanamaker, M.D., receives Distinguished Alumni Award from SUNY Upstate Medical University
Harold H. Wanamaker, M.D., has received the 2001 Distinguished Alumni Award from the College of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Wanamaker, who earned his medical degree from SUNY Upstate in 1956, has had a long and distinguished career as an otolaryngologist in the Syracuse area and has been a tireless supporter of the Upstate community for many years.
The recipient of the Onondaga County Medical Society Award for Physician Service to the Community and the President’s Award for Voluntary Faculty Service at SUNY Upstate, Wanamaker has been active on many community boards and has contributed significantly to the growth of Upstate Medical University.
A former president of the Medical Alumni Association Board of Directors, on which he has served for twenty-five years, Wanamaker chaired a successful campaign to renovate Upstate’s Medical Alumni Auditorium to a state-of-the art facility and was instrumental in raising funds for two endowed professorships in the College of Medicine.
Wanamaker and his wife, Barbara, live in Fayetteville, N.Y.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard