Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital seeks volunteers of all ages
University Hospital has volunteer opportunities available in a number of areas of hospital operations and patient care areas.
“We need volunteers to serve in a variety of settings within University Hospital, including pediatrics, the emergency and recovery rooms, food and nutritional services, the Gift Shop, errand and messenger service, as well as with the heart, oncology and transplant programs,” said Andrea Kennedy-Tull of Volunteer Service. Off-site locations at University Health Care Center in downtown Syracuse and University Health Care Manlius are also interested in volunteer help, she said.
To volunteer, individuals must be 14 years of age or older, provide their own transportation and commit to a minimum of four hours of volunteer service per week. Hours may be arranged to accommodate many schedules. Free parking, meal privileges and other benefits may be available to those who qualify.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at University Hospital, contact Volunteer Services at 315-464-5180 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal