Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital seeks volunteers of all ages
University Hospital has volunteer opportunities available in a number of areas of hospital operations and patient care areas.
“We need volunteers to serve in a variety of settings within University Hospital, including pediatrics, the emergency and recovery rooms, food and nutritional services, the Gift Shop, errand and messenger service, as well as with the heart, oncology and transplant programs,” said Andrea Kennedy-Tull of Volunteer Service. Off-site locations at University Health Care Center in downtown Syracuse and University Health Care Manlius are also interested in volunteer help, she said.
To volunteer, individuals must be 14 years of age or older, provide their own transportation and commit to a minimum of four hours of volunteer service per week. Hours may be arranged to accommodate many schedules. Free parking, meal privileges and other benefits may be available to those who qualify.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at University Hospital, contact Volunteer Services at 315-464-5180 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard