Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
International meditation expert returns to Central New York to host meditation retreat Aug. 24 to 26
Jose Reissig, a molecular biologist-turned meditation expert, will lead a three-day meditation retreat at Thornfield Conference Center on Cazenovia Lake Aug. 24 to 26. The retreat, titled “Life Without Me,” is appropriate for both beginning and experienced meditators. It is sponsored by the Stress Reduction Program of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Registration for the three-day program, including two-night accommodation is $162 for double occupancy; $228 for single occupancy or $92 for commuters. All meals are included.
The conference begins Friday, Aug. 24 at 4 p.m. and ends Sunday, Aug. 26 at 3 p.m. During the weekend, participants will experience the effectiveness of meditation and demonstrate how meditation can provide peace and stillness no matter how hectic one’s life may be.
Reissig, who earned a Ph.D. from Caltech in 1952, has taught meditation since 1990, first in England and subsequently throughout the United States and in other countries. He teaches regularly at the Insight Meditation Center in Barre, Mass.
Reissig taught a three-day meditation workshop last year and it was so well received that organizers decided to invite him back.
To register or for more information, contact Eve Nanno at (315)-464-6052 or via email at email@example.com.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal