Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Upstate’s Ruth Weinstock named associate editor of Diabetes Care
Ruth S. Weinstock, M.D., Ph.D., professor of medicine and chief of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism at SUNY Upstate Medical University and medical director of the Joslin Diabetes Center at University Health Care Center, has been appointed associate editor of Diabetes Care, the professional journal of the American Diabetes Association.
Diabetes Care is a journal for the health care practitioner that is intended to increase knowledge, stimulate research and promote better management of people with diabetes. Topics covered are of interest to physicians, researchers, epidemiologists, and psychologists.
Journal articles can be accessed at http://care.diabetesjournals.org/.
Weinstock has directed or participated in more than 30 research studies on diabetes alone. Her work has been funded by the National Institutes of Health, Department of Veterans Affairs, New York State Department of Health, pharmaceutical companies and others.
She currently co-directs a $28 million federal study to assess the use of telemedicine in the management of diabetes.
Weinstock joined SUNY Upstate in 1984. She resides in Fayetteville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal