News from Upstate
Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Upstate’s Gregory Fink, MD, had one of the lowest cardiac mortality rates in the state for heart surgery
Upstate University Hospital’s cardiac surgeon Gregory Fink, M.D., had one of the lowest cardiac mortality rates in the state for open heart surgery between 2006 and 2008, according to a recently released report from the New York state health department. Fink, Upstate’s chief of cardiac surgery, was one of only four heart surgeons in New York with statistically lower-than-average mortality rate, as noted in the report.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal