Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate holds Research Poster Session Nov. 29 and 30
SUNY Upstate Medical University will present the 14th Annual Charles R. Ross, Ph.D., Research Poster Session Wednesday, Nov. 29 from 1 to 5 p.m. and Thursday, Nov. 30 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Institute for Human Performance, 505 Irving Ave., Syracuse. Researchers will be available to discuss their studies Nov. 29 from 3 to 5 p.m. The program is free and open to the public.
The poster session provides an opportunity for the Upstate scientific community to share its research activities with each other and the public. More than 100 biomedical investigations currently in progress at SUNY Upstate will be spotlighted at the event in which researchers describe the intent and impact of their studies in poster form.
For the 12 months that ended June 30, SUNY Upstate realized $24,085,000 in external support for research, training and public service projects. Those funds supported 414 projects conducted by more than 170 researchers. This marked a 17 percent increase over the previous fiscal year.
The Charles R. Ross, Ph.D., Research Poster Session is presented by SUNY Upstate’s Research Development Office. Ross served as the dean of SUNY Upstate’s College of Graduate Studies from 1982 until his death in 1989.
For more information about the poster session, contact the Research Development Office at 315-464-4317.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal