News from Upstate
Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Upstate honors 25 for distinguished service
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Upstate Medical University has honored 25 individuals for distinguished service. The recipients and their awards (townships in parenthesis) include:
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities: Stephen V. Faraone, Ph.D. (Sanibel, Florida).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching:Thomas J. Poole, Ph.D. (Jamesville).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service: Leah Caldwell (Manlius).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service: Sharon A. Brangman, M.D. (Syracuse).
• Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Classified Service: Sharon Bixler (Bridgeport); Matthew Hauff (East Syracuse); Christina N. Wright (Syracuse).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Leadership in Research: Andras Perl, M.D., Ph.D. (Jamesville).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Clinical Research by a Young Investigator: Zsuzsa Szombathyne Meszaros, M.D., Ph.D. (Jamesville).
• President’s Award for Advancement of Affirmative Action: Sara J. Grethlein, M.D. (Manlius).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service: Donna L. Vavonese (Bridgeport).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service: Tarakad S. Ramachandran, M.D., M.B.A. (Jamesville).
•President’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching: Michael Gordon (DeWitt); Patricia D. Powers, D.N.P., M.P.A., F.N.P.-C. (Sylvan Beach).; Dale Avers, P.T., D.P.T., Ph.D., (Syracuse); Lazarus B. Gehring, M.D. (Endwell).
• President’s Awards for Outstanding Voluntary Faculty: Myra B. Shayevitz, M.D., Berton R. Shayevitz, M.D. (Manlius); Debra A. Cardarelli, N.P.P. A.P.R.N.-B.C., C.A.S.A.C., L.C.S.W., M.D., G.C.S., C.W.S. (Jamesville); John Rabbia, P.T., D.P.T. (Baldwinsville); Nancy E. Shumeyko, M.D. (Johnson City).
• President’s Award for Distinguished Service: Mary Ann Shaw (Skaneateles).
• President’s Award for Excellence in Philanthropic Service, Individual: Molly King (DeWitt) and Robert King, M.D. (posthumously); Garabed A. Fattal, M.D., F.C.A.P., F.R.C.P.(C). (Binghamton).
The awards were presented at Upstate’s Fall Faculty Convocation Sept. 15.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now