Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Roy Guharoy, PharmD, Named Pharmacy Director for University Hospital
Roy Guharoy, PharmD, MBA, FASHP, has been named Director of Pharmacy for University Hospital of the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse. He also serves as associate professor of Medicine and Nursing for the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse.
Dr. Guharoy comes to University Hospital from the John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital in Indio, California, where he had served as Director of Pharmacy Services since 1986.
Dr. Guharoy received his doctor of pharmacy degree from the University of Minnesota in 1982. He completed a fellowship in the Executive Management Program at the Leonard David Institute, Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania in 1989 and earned his MBA degree from the Peter F. Drucker Graduate Management Center of the Claremont Graduate School in California in 1993.
Also in 1993, Dr. Guharoy was named a Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FASHP) for his sustained excellence in pharmacy practice. This recognition is among the highest honors the profession bestows on its practitioners. In addition to his expertise in the field of pharmacy management, Dr. Guharoy’s area of clinical interest is infectious disease pharmacotherapy and management.
Dr. Guharoy currently resides on the east side of Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal