Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Roy Guharoy, PharmD, Named Pharmacy Director for University Hospital
Roy Guharoy, PharmD, MBA, FASHP, has been named Director of Pharmacy for University Hospital of the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse. He also serves as associate professor of Medicine and Nursing for the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse.
Dr. Guharoy comes to University Hospital from the John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital in Indio, California, where he had served as Director of Pharmacy Services since 1986.
Dr. Guharoy received his doctor of pharmacy degree from the University of Minnesota in 1982. He completed a fellowship in the Executive Management Program at the Leonard David Institute, Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania in 1989 and earned his MBA degree from the Peter F. Drucker Graduate Management Center of the Claremont Graduate School in California in 1993.
Also in 1993, Dr. Guharoy was named a Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FASHP) for his sustained excellence in pharmacy practice. This recognition is among the highest honors the profession bestows on its practitioners. In addition to his expertise in the field of pharmacy management, Dr. Guharoy’s area of clinical interest is infectious disease pharmacotherapy and management.
Dr. Guharoy currently resides on the east side of Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard