Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Joseph J. Morfei named chair of cardiorespiratory sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University
Joseph J. Morfei, associate professor of respiratory care for the College of Health Professions at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been appointed chair of the college’s Department of Cardiorespiratory Sciences. The announcement was made by Hugh Bonner, dean of the College of Health Professions. Morfei has served as vice chair of cardiorespiratory sciences since 1992 and as the interim chair of cardiorespiratory sciences since December 1999.
Since joining SUNY Upstate in 1969, Morfei has held numerous academic and administrative posts in the College of Health Professions, including as chair of the Dean’s Committee on Appointments, Promotions and Tenure, and the President’s Health Professions’ Education Track Task Force. He currently is secretary of the SUNY Upstate Council of the Faculty Organization.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard