Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
College of Nursing at Upstate Medical University holds reunion, April 29
Alumni from SUNY Upstate Medical University’s College of Nursing will celebrate Upstate’s four decades of nursing education at the Nursing Reunion 2000, to be held Saturday, April 29, beginning at noon, at the Wyndham Syracuse (formerly the Syracuse Marriott).
Guest speaker Maryam Wasmund will open the program by presenting a talk titled “Time is the Essence” at the Reunion Luncheon. Wasmund is community relations manager at Barnes & Noble. Her talk will focus on the importance of people managing themselves rather than their time.
Keynote speaker Margie Wood will discuss the difference between change and transformation, creativity as a means of overcoming chaos, and ways to move from burnout to breakthrough. Wood is founder of Unlimited Options, a counseling, consulting and training firm for individuals and organizations in transition.
Tours of the SUNY Upstate Medical University campus, displays, a silent auction, a reception and a performance by the NurSING Notes, an RN nursing quartet complete the day’s event.
The reunion is presented by Upstate Medical University’s Nursing Alumni Association. The registration deadline is Friday, April 21. College alumni who have not received their invitation or who need more information should contact the Nursing Alumni Office at 315-464-4278.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal