Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Panera Bread donates more than $26,000 to Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Panera Bread, with eight stores throughout Central New York and the Southern Tier, presented Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital with a $26,998.97 donation for pediatric services and family amenities in a brief ceremony Feb. 24, on the 12th floor of the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital.
The money was raised from customers who stuffed dollars and spare change into Community Breadbox containers at area Panera Bread stores. Panera matched 50 cents on every dollar contributed as part of its Operation Dough-Nation.
“We are proud to share ‘Panera Warmth’ with members of our local community throughout the year,” said Charlie Roff, joint venture partner. “Bread is an important part of our culture—it brings people together—and Panera is dedicated to giving back to the people who have welcomed us into their neighborhoods and invited us to share in their lives.”
“We are grateful for Panera’s support for Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital that ensures Central New York children have the very best in care and patient and family amenities,” said Toni Gary, community relations director of Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital and the Upstate Medical University Foundation.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal