Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Upstate Medical University to hold career open house March 25
The open house, sponsored by the College of Health Professions and the Office of Student Admissions, offers high school and college students, parents, counselors, teachers and others opportunities to learn more about seven key health fields: Cardiovascular Perfusion, Cytotechnology, Medical Imaging Sciences, Medical Technology, Physical Therapy and Radiation Therapy Technology.
Health professionals will discuss how to prepare for jobs in these fields, what types of responsibilities the jobs hold, salaries, career movement and ways to obtain volunteer or observational experience in particular fields.
In addition to the career presentations, tours of the Upstate Medical University campus will take participants to classrooms, residence halls and the student activities center. Information will also be available on the GOLD Program, or Guaranteed Opportunity for Leadership Development, an early admission program for high school seniors.
To register or for more information, call the Office of Student Admissions at 315 464-4570.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal