News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
National Cancer Survivors Day is June 7
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Nearly 500 cancer survivors and their families will celebrate life at the National Cancer Survivors Day celebration Sunday, June 7, from noon to 3:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 441 Electronics Parkway, Liverpool, N.Y.
The event , sponsored by University Hospital, will be attended by survivors from all across Central New York; they range in age from 11 to 87.
“This gathering is a salute to all those who are fighting cancer,” said Tina Evans, of the Regional Oncology Center at Upstate Medical University, the event’s sponsor. “It’s an opportunity to gather together and share survival stories and celebrate the work that is being done to help us win the fight against cancer.”
National Cancer Survivors Day is an annual, nationwide celebration that is held in over 700 communities. Events are held around the nation to honor the more than 9 million Americans who are surviving cancer, to spread the message that life after a cancer diagnosis can be a reality.
The event will feature a luncheon, live music, and activities for children.
University Hospital offers a range of cutting-edge treatments for all types of cancer at its Regional Oncology Center.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal