Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Health Careers Open House set for Nov. 8
SYRACUSE, N.Y. —SUNY Upstate Medical University will host a Health Careers Open House Saturday, Nov. 8, from 8:45 a.m. to noon at Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave., Syracuse.
The open house will feature information and presentations on the following careers: cardiovascular perfusion, medical imagining sciences, medical technology and medical biotechnology, physical therapy, radiation therapy technology, respiratory care and cardiorespiratory sciences, public health, nursing and medicine. SUNY Upstate offers degree programs in all these areas.
The program begins at 8:45 a.m. with registration, followed by a dean’s welcome. From 10 to 11:30 a.m., participants will have an opportunity to learn more about healthcare careers and job entry requirements, responsibilities, career growth and salary information. At 11:30 a.m., participants will take a tour of the SUNY Upstate campus.
There is no charge to attend the open house. To register in advance, or for more information, call 315-464-4570; walk-ins are welcome. An additional Health Careers Open House is planned for Dec. 6.
The open house is offered at a time when healthcare remains a sector of the economy that continues to grow. In its monthly employment report, the state noted that health services and education on average gained 600 jobs in September.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal