Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Health Careers Open House set for Nov. 8
SYRACUSE, N.Y. —SUNY Upstate Medical University will host a Health Careers Open House Saturday, Nov. 8, from 8:45 a.m. to noon at Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave., Syracuse.
The open house will feature information and presentations on the following careers: cardiovascular perfusion, medical imagining sciences, medical technology and medical biotechnology, physical therapy, radiation therapy technology, respiratory care and cardiorespiratory sciences, public health, nursing and medicine. SUNY Upstate offers degree programs in all these areas.
The program begins at 8:45 a.m. with registration, followed by a dean’s welcome. From 10 to 11:30 a.m., participants will have an opportunity to learn more about healthcare careers and job entry requirements, responsibilities, career growth and salary information. At 11:30 a.m., participants will take a tour of the SUNY Upstate campus.
There is no charge to attend the open house. To register in advance, or for more information, call 315-464-4570; walk-ins are welcome. An additional Health Careers Open House is planned for Dec. 6.
The open house is offered at a time when healthcare remains a sector of the economy that continues to grow. In its monthly employment report, the state noted that health services and education on average gained 600 jobs in September.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard