Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
University Hospital, Onondaga County will host safety seminar and free bike helmet giveaway
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — To help prevent traumatic brain injuries when riding a bicycle or doing half-pipes on the skateboard, University Hospital, in conjunction with Onondaga County, will hold a safety seminar and free bike helmet giveaway Monday, July 21, from 6 to 7 p.m. at Onondaga Lake Park in Liverpool. The seminar and helmet giveaway will occur adjacent to the Skatepark, 6790 Onondaga Lake Trail. Pre-registration for the event is suggested by calling 1-800-464-8668.
Free bike helmets will be given to the first 100 individuals; low-cost helmets also will be available. The safety seminar will include a presentation on how to properly fit and wear a bike helmet.
“Head injuries can be very serious, with often lifelong disabilities,” said Steve Olson, a nurse in University Hospital’s pediatric emergency room. “Our number one goal with this event is to ensure that everyone—adults and children—has a safe summer, and wearing a helmet can make that happen.”
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal