Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Physician who wrote “Oath Betrayed: Torture, Medical Complicity and the War on Terror” to speak on Abu Ghraib Nov. 8
SYRACUSE, N.Y.— Steve Miles, M.D., author of “Oath Betrayed: Torture, Medical Complicity and the War on Terror” (Random House, 2006), will present “Medical Ethics and Abu Ghraib,” a public lecture Nov. 8 at 4:30 p.m. at SUNY Upstate Medical University. The lecture will take place in Medical Alumni Auditorium of Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave., Syracuse.
The lecture is the second in Upstate Medical University’s Gregory Keating Global Health Lecture Series
Miles, a professor at the University of Minnesota Medical School and a member of the university’s Center for Bioethics, address the role of health professionals in military prisons in Iraq, Afghanistan and at Guantanamo Bay.
A reception will follow the lecture in the atrium of the Setnor Academic Building.
For more information, call 464-4836.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal