Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Physician who wrote “Oath Betrayed: Torture, Medical Complicity and the War on Terror” to speak on Abu Ghraib Nov. 8
SYRACUSE, N.Y.— Steve Miles, M.D., author of “Oath Betrayed: Torture, Medical Complicity and the War on Terror” (Random House, 2006), will present “Medical Ethics and Abu Ghraib,” a public lecture Nov. 8 at 4:30 p.m. at SUNY Upstate Medical University. The lecture will take place in Medical Alumni Auditorium of Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave., Syracuse.
The lecture is the second in Upstate Medical University’s Gregory Keating Global Health Lecture Series
Miles, a professor at the University of Minnesota Medical School and a member of the university’s Center for Bioethics, address the role of health professionals in military prisons in Iraq, Afghanistan and at Guantanamo Bay.
A reception will follow the lecture in the atrium of the Setnor Academic Building.
For more information, call 464-4836.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard