Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Construction for new parking garage remains on schedule
Work remains on schedule for the construction of Upstate Medical University’s new parking garage, designated as the West Garage. Work will continue through November on the garage’s foundation and underground utilities. Precast concrete will begin arriving on site in December to be assembled over a period of about four months. This is the same process that was used to construct the East Garage. Once completed, the building will begin receiving utilities: elevators, lighting, generators, plumbing, fire systems and gate entry systems. The schedule for the bridge over Sarah Loguen Street to the East Garage has not been finalized. The entire parking garage project is expected to be completed next fall.
A parking lot has been created on the site of the old parking garage to accommodate University Hospital volunteers and medical residents. This parking lot was part of the initial planning developed when the garage was scheduled for demolition.
All outlying parking lots served by shuttle buses, including Alliance Bank Stadium lot, will continue to be in service until the West Garage opens.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard