Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Four win Chancellor Awards for Excellence
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Robert B. Barlow, Ph.D., Nancy Dobbins, Chaitanya V. Haldipur, M.D., and Paula Trief, Ph.D., have been named as recipients of the 2007 Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence.
Barlow, a resident of Jamesville, is a professor in the Departments of Ophthalmology and Neuroscience and Physiology and director of the Center for Vision Research. He has received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities.
Dobbins, of Baldwinsville, is an instructional support specialist in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology. She has received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service.
Haldipur, of Syracuse, is a professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. He has received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Trief, a resident of DeWitt, is a professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences with joint appointments in the Departments of Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery and senior associate dean for faculty affairs and faculty development for the College of Medicine. She has received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service.
Recipients for the Awards for Excellence are nominated by their campus colleagues and are viewed as role models among their peers. The awards reflect on their outstanding commitment to higher education through their work in the classroom, research lab and community.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now