About the Program
Location: 813 Jacobsen Hall
750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210
Phone: 315 464-4627
Fax: 315 464-9757
The Neurology residency program at Upstate Medical University is an advanced three year program in adult neurology. We are ACGME accredited on a 5 year cycle, the maximal cycle length awarded by the ACGME. The Internal Medicine Program at SUNY Upstate Medical University offers preliminary positions. We work closely with Internal Medicine and try to coordinate interviews for applicants to both programs when it is possible and cooperate when forming ranklists.
Special Program Features
The Neurology residency program at Upstate Medical University is three year program in adult neurology, certified by the ACGME and made outstanding by:
- Vigorous and growing Neurology Department
- 5-year ACGME certification cycle of the Residency Program. This is the longest program cycle granted.
- Strong didactic program
- Large patient referral base with interesting and diverse pathology
- Close-knit, friendly teaching environment
- Two adjacent hospitals, each with a unique practice setting:
- NYS Designated Stroke Center offering intravenous and intravascular thrombolysis, stents, clot retrieval, endovascular aneurysm treatments.
- Neurointensive Care Service. Intracranial pressure and perfusion monitoring, hypothermia.
- Comprehensive Epilepsy Treatment program with large inpatient epilepsy monitoring unit.
- New neuroscience hospital unit opened July, 2009, featuring large private patient rooms with roomside work stations
- New Children's Hospital opened 2009
- Health Sciences Library
Extensive online and text library facilities
- About Syracuse & Central New York
Located in beautiful, family-friendly central New York with excellent school systems, relaxed lifestyle and low cost of living