Faculty, Student, and Alumni Publications
Below is a list of select faculty, student, and alumni publications from 2016-2017.
Faculty and Upstate Public Health Program Students and Alumni Joint Publications
- Cognitive and Affective Representations of Active Surveillance as a Treatment Option for Low-Risk Prostate Cancer. Lyons KD, Li HH , Mader EM, Stewart TM, Morley CP, Formica MK, Perrapato SD, Seigne JD, Hyams ES, Irwin BH, Mosher T, Hegel MT. Am J Mens Health. 2016 Jun 29. pii: 1557988316657041. [Epub ahead of print]
- Family Medicine or Primary Care Residency Selection: Effects of Family Medicine Interest Groups, MD/MPH Dual Degrees, and Rural Medical Education. Wei McIntosh E, Morley CP. Fam Med. 2016 May;48(5):385-8.
- Federal Research Funding for Family Medicine: Highly Concentrated, with Decreasing New Investigator Awards.Cameron BJ, Bazemore AW, Morley CP. J AmBoard Fam Med. 2016 Sep-Oct;29(5):531-2. doi:10.3122/jabfm.2016.05.160076.
- Status of Underrepresented Minority and Female Faculty at Medical Schools Located Within Historically Black Colleges and in Puerto Rico.Mader EM, Rodríguez JE, Campbell KM, Smilnak T, Bazemore AW, Petterson S, Morley CP. Med Educ Online. 2016 Mar 9;21:29535. doi: 10.3402/meo.v21.29535. eCollection 2016.
- Utilization of Palliative Care and Acute Care Services in Older Adults with Advanced Cancer.Sharma N, Sharma AM, Wojtowycz MA, Wang D, Gajra A. J Geriatr Oncol. 2016 Jan;7(1):39-46. doi: 10.1016/j.jgo.2015.12.004. Epub 2016 Jan 4.
- Treatment Trends, Determinants, and Survival of Partial and Radical Nephrectomy for Stage I Renal Cell Carcinoma: Results from the National Cancer Data Base, 2004-2013. Stewart TM, Plante KP, Wang D, Bratslavsky G, Formica MF. International Urology and Nephrology. 2017 May 26.
- The Relationship Between Self-Reported Exposure to Greenspace and Human Stress in Baltimore, MD. Hazer M, Formica MK, Dieterlen S, Morley CP. Landscape and Urban Planning. 2017 September. [e-pub ahead of print].
- Student HPV Vaccine Attitudes and Vaccine Completion by Education Level. Suryadevara M, Bonville JR, Kline RM, Magowan C, Domachowske E, Cibula DA, Domachowske JB. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2016 Jun 2;12(6):1491-7. doi:10.1080/21645515.2015.1123359. Epub 2016 Feb 2.
- Healthy Immigrant Effect: Preterm Births Among Immigrants and Refugees in Syracuse, NY . Miller LS, Robinson JA, Cibula DA. Matern Child Health J. 2016 Feb;20(2):484-93. doi: 10.1007/s10995-015-1846-3.
- Discrepancies Between Cross-calibrated DXA Scanners: Pediatric And Adult Female Body Composition: 1984 Board #136 June 2, 2: 00 PM - 3: 30 PM. Dowthwaite JN, Dunsmore KA, Rosenbaum PF, Scerpella TA. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016 May;48(5 Suppl 1):551-2. doi: 10.1249/01.mss.0000486657.26223.41.
- Cognitive and Affective Representations of Active Surveillance as a Treatment Option for Low-Risk Prostate Cancer. Lyons KD, Li HH, Mader EM, Stewart TM, Morley CP, Formica MK, Perrapato SD, Seigne JD, Hyams ES, Irwin BH, Mosher T, Hegel MT. Am J Mens Health. June 2016.
- Rapid Weight Gain in Pediatric Refugees after US Immigration. Olson BG, Kurland Y, Rosenbaum PF, Hobart TR. J Immigr Minor Health. 2016 Jul 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- STFM Launches a New Journal Focused on Family Medicine Education: "Peer-Reviewed Reports in Medical Education Research" (PRIMER). Morley CP, Nolte T. Ann Fam Med. 2016 Sep;14(5):478-9. doi: 10.1370/afm.1987.
- A Practice Facilitation and Academic Detailing Intervention Can Improve Cancer Screening Rates in Primary Care Safety Net Clinics. Mader EM, Fox CH, Epling JW, Noronha GJ, Swanger CM, Wisniewski AM, Vitale K, Norton AL, Morley CP. J Am Board Fam Med. 2016 Sep-Oct;29(5):533-42. doi:10.3122/jabfm.2016.05.160109.
- Academic Public Health and the Firearm Crisis: An Agenda for Action. Branas CC, Flescher A, Formica MK, Galea S, Hennig N, Liller KD, Madanat HN, Park A, Rosenthal JE, and Ying J. 2017. American Journal of Public Health. e-View Ahead of Print. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2016.303619
- Essential Public Health Competencies for Medical Students: Establishing a Consensus in Family Medicine. Morley CP, Rosas SR, Mishori R, Jordan W, Jarris YS, Family Medicine/Public Health Competencies Work Group, Prunuske J. Teaching and Learning in Medicine 2017;33(2).
- Relationship Between Dental Caries and Metabolic Syndrome Among 13,998 Middle-Aged Urban Chinese. Cao X, Wang D, Zhou J, Yuan H, Chen Z. Journal of Diabetes, 9(4):378-385., doi: 10.1111/1753-0407.12424.
- Polychlorinated Biphneyls, Indicators of Thyroid Function and Thyroid Autoantiboies in the Anniston Community Health Survey I (ACHS-I). Benson K, Yang E, Dutton N, Sjodin A, Rosenbaum PF, Pavuk, M. Chemosphere. December 2017; 195; 158-165.