Hints for Success in Medical Clerkship
- Do participate to get the most out of the experience and from your teachers.
- Get involved, work hard. What you get out of it greatly depends on what you put into it.
- Do use the cases discussed in the lecture series to pace your general clerkship reading.
- Do be honest about what you know and don't know.
- Do maintain patient confidentiality.
- Do act professionally.
- Do remember to launder your white coat.
- Do call us if you are having a problem or concern.
- Do enjoy yourself; medicine is great fun!
- Don't be late.
- Don't ask for vacation during clerkship.
- Don't bring coffee into a patient's room on rounds.
- Don't assume everyone else knows what you don't (they usually don't).
- Don't spend more than 1–1.5 hours in preparation for each one hour case discussion.
- Don't confabulate.
Other Resource For Success