Vladimir Sirotkin, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biomedical Sciences Program
- Cancer Research Institute
- Cell and Developmental Biology
- Research Pillars
Education & Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Yale University, 2007
- Postdoctoral Fellow: The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 2002
- PhD: Rutgers University, 2001
- Mechanisms of the actin cytoskeleton assembly and role of myosin-1 during endocytosis in fission yeast.
Eric Wohlford received a 2012 travel award from the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene and spent two months in Kenya working in the lab of Rosemary Rochford, PhD, professor and chair of Upstate’s Department of Microbiology & Immunology. Eric studied the effects of malaria on B cells (producers of antibodies that fight infection) and Epstein-Barr Virus infection in the region. “Tropical medicine is unique, in that small, focused improvements in patient care make dramatic improvements in the well-being of patients,” he said.