Michael W Roe, PhD
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Medicine: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biomedical Sciences Program
- Research Pillars
Education & Fellowships
- PhD: University of Vermont
- Post Graduate Training: Duke University
- The Roe laboratory studies signal transduction mechanisms that regulate pancreatic beta cell biology and the pathophysiology of diabetes.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Eric Wohlford received a 2012 travel award from the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene and spent two months in Kenya working in the lab of Rosemary Rochford, PhD, professor and chair of Upstate’s Department of Microbiology & Immunology. Eric studied the effects of malaria on B cells (producers of antibodies that fight infection) and Epstein-Barr Virus infection in the region. “Tropical medicine is unique, in that small, focused improvements in patient care make dramatic improvements in the well-being of patients,” he said.