Ola El-Zammar, MD
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pathology: Anatomic Pathology, Cytopathology, Surgical Pathology
- Upstate Cancer Center: Pathology
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2006, Surgical Pathology
- Fellowship: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2005, Cytopathology
- Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2004, Pathology
- Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2003
- Residency: Boston University Medical Center, 2002
- MD: American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 1996
- BS: American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 1992
- Surgical pathology, cytopathology, pulmonary pathology, and gastrointestinal pathology.
- Thoracic oncology and inflammatory bowel disease.
Specialties & Certification
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Adults and Children
- Breast Fine Needle Aspiration
- Fine Needle Aspiration of Thyroid Nodules
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
ResearchRecent Selected References
Yantiss RK, Sapp HL, Farraye FA, El-Zammar O, O'Brien MJ, Fruin AB, Stucchi AF, Brien TP, Becker JM, Odze RD. Histologic Predictors of Pouchitis in Patients with Chronic Ulcerative Colitis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2004 Aug; 28(8): 999-1006.
Fruin AB, El-Zammar O, Stucchi AF, O'Brien M, Becker JM. Colonic metaplasia in the ileal pouch is associated with inflammation and is not the result of long-term adaptation. J Gastrointest Surg. 2003 Feb;7(2):246-53; discussion 253-4.
El-Zammar O, Haidar A. Immunoreactivity of ductal cells with putative myoepithelial markers: a potential pitfall in breast carcinoma. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2003 Oct;7(5):335.
Myers JL, El-Zammar O. Pathology of drug-induced lung disease. In Katzenstein and Askinís surgical pathology of non-neoplastic lung disease. Philadelphia: Saunders, 2006; 85-125.
El-Zammar OA, Katzenstein AL. Pathological diagnosis of granulomatous lung disease: a review. Histopathology. 2007 Feb;50(3):289-310. N. Y. Haboubi, O. El-Zammar, S. T. O'Dwyer and R. J. James. Radiation bowel disease: Pathogenesis and management. Colorectal Disease 2000, 2, 323-329:
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/elzammao