David B Duggan, MD
- Professor of Medicine
- Dean, College of Medicine
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Medicine: Hematology and Oncology
- Upstate Cancer Center: Medical Oncology
Research Programs and Affiliations
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: Tufts-New England Medical Center, 1985, Hematology-Oncology
- Residency: Tufts-New England Medical Center, 1982, Internal Medicine
- MD: SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, 1979
- Clinical trials in cancer; Breast Cancer; Hodgkin's Disease, Lymphoma and Leukemia.
Specialties & Certification
- Internal Medicine
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Adult Leukemia
- Adult Lymphoma
- All Cancers and Hematological Conditions
- Breast Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Blood Transfusion
- Bone Marrow Aspiration
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Infusional Therapies
- Lumbar Puncture
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology - ASCO
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
HealthLinkOnAir Radio Interview3/26/14 Should nurse practitioners be permitted to practice independently?
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Parnes HL, Cirrincione C, Aisner J, Berry DA, Allen SL, Abrams J, Chuang E, Cooper MR, Perry MC, Duggan DB, Szatrowski TP, Henderson IC, Norton L. Phase III study of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and fluorouracil (CAF) plus leucovorin versus CAF for metastatic breast cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9140. J Clin Oncol. 2003 May 1;21(9):1819-24.
Henderson IC, Berry DA, Demetri GD, Cirrincione CT, Goldstein LJ, Martino S, Ingle JN, Cooper MR, Hayes DF, Tkaczuk KH, Fleming G, Holland JF, Duggan DB, Carpenter JT, Frei E 3rd, Schilsky RL, Wood WC, Muss HB, Norton L. Improved outcomes from adding sequential Paclitaxel but not from escalating Doxorubicin dose in an adjuvant chemotherapy regimen for patients with node-positive primary breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2003 Mar 15;21(6):976-83.
Duggan DB, Petroni GR, Johnson JL, Glick JH, Fisher RI, Connors JM, Canellos GP, Peterson BA. Randomized comparison of ABVD and MOPP/ABV hybrid for the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's disease: report of an intergroup trial. J Clin Oncol. 2003 Feb 15;21(4):607-14.
Hayes DF, Yamauchi H, Broadwater G, Cirrincione CT, Rodrigue SP, Berry DA, Younger J, Panasci LL, Millard F, Duggan DB, Norton L, Henderson IC. (HER-2) extracellular domain as a prognostic factor in patients with metastatic breast cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 8662.Clin Cancer Res. 2001 Sep;7(9):2703-1
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/duggand