Jeffrey D Amack, PhD
- Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biomedical Sciences Program
- Cell and Developmental Biology
- Research Pillars
Education & Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellow: University of Utah School of Medicine, 2007, Developmental Biology
- PhD: University of Wisconsin at Madison, 2002, Genetics
- Genetics and cell biology of organ morphogenesis during embryonic development.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Research AbstractMy lab focuses on how organs--in particular the heart--take shape during embryonic development. We use zebrafish as a model vertebrate embryo to study the genetics and cell biology of organ morphogenesis.
Sue Stearns, PhD
Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Sue Stearns, PhD, is one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Steven Youngentob, PhD
Associate Dean of Basic Research and Graduate Studies
Steven Youngentob, PhD, is at the forefront of research into alcohol addiction.