Great Reasons to Choose Upstate!
- Outstanding Research
- Daily Interaction with Faculty Research Advisor
- Well-Funded, Modern Labs
- Tuition Waiver and Competitive Stipend
- Affordable Cost of Living
- State-of-the-Art Library
- Seminar Series and Journal Clubs
- Basic Science and Clinically-Oriented Research
- Comprehensive Core Curriculum
- Formal Training in Grant Writing
- Travel Money for Meetings
Seye Adekeye completed the PhD phase of the MD/PhD program in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, studying retinal degeneration. While working in the lab of Principal Investigator Barry Knox, PhD, Seye received a fellowship from Fight for Sight, a not-for-profit that provides promising scientists with funding for eye and vision research.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed this experience,” Seye said. “I look forward to the last two years of medical school and applying to a research-oriented residency program.”