Financial Aid

Doctoral students (PhD) in the College of Graduate Studies are eligible for graduate assistantships and tuition waivers.

Government Aid

International students are NOT ELIGIBLE for the U.S. government aid programs (Pell Grant, SEOG Grant, Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan, PLUS Loan, and Federal Work-Study).

Private Loans

International students in all SUNY Upstate’s colleges may apply for private loans through U.S. banks, providing a U.S. resident co-signs the loan. SUNY Upstate Medical University will not act as a co-signor of private loans.

For more information: