Out of State Students

State Residency for Tuition Purposes

For information on state residency determination and tuition, please refer here.

Out of State Students, Complaint Resolution

Students should attempt to resolve any issues or complaints directly with Upstate Medical University and the College in which they are enrolled. The process for academic appeal can be found in online in Upstate’s Student Handbook PDF Icon.

In the event that an issue remains unresolved after grievance procedures have been followed and all avenues of appeals exhausted and documented, students residing outside of New York State may file a complaint about Upstate Medical University in their home state by referring to a list of state agencies as developed and updated by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) Association in compliance with federal Department of Education State Authorization regulations PDF Icon External Icon.

Students may also contact the College's accrediting agency, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education External Icon.

New York State residents may file a complaint with the New York State Education Department's Office of College and University Evaluation External Icon.